Do you want to transfer emails from Hotmail to Outlook? If yes, then you are on the right track. This blog explores the best methods to help you migrate Hotmail emails to Outlook application.
Hotmail is known as the popular free personal email service. It includes a webmail interface with email, calendar, contacts, and task services. On the other hand, Outlook is the most popular desktop-based email client for Windows and Mac operating systems.
Apart from that many users want to know whether Hotmail still exists or not.
Do you want to know if is Hotmail still around?
If you search for “Is Hotmail still around”? Then the answer is no, but Hotmail is now called Outlook.com. It offers users great features to manage or send and receive emails.
Table of Content
- Why Migrate Hotmail to Outlook?
- Manually Transfer Emails from Hotmail to Outlook
- Quick Method to Migrate Hotmail Emails to Outlook
- Steps to Transfer Emails from Hotmail to Outlook
- Final Thoughts
Why Change from Hotmail to Outlook?
There are several reasons why users need to migrate from Hotmail account to Outlook application. Some of the common reasons are:
- Migrating emails to the Outlook email client is a good choice if users are considering switching from web-based email services to a desktop client.
- MS Outlook is used by various users and offers many great features to manage emails, contacts, calendars, and other data.
- When you work online, there is always a risk that your account will be hacked and your data will be accidentally deleted. However, using a desktop email client like Outlook is a safer option to protect your account information.
Manually Transfer Emails from Hotmail to Outlook
- Open the Outlook application on your system and go to the â€œFileâ€ tab.
- Then go to Info and click on the Add Account option.
- A box that says add new account will appear on the screen. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Then click Continue.
- Click on “Internet Email” to continue.
- Enter all the details required to transfer emails from Hotmail to Outlook application.
- Now, select POP3 as the account type and enter the incoming and outgoing server details correctly.
- After that, enter your Hotmail account credentials.
- Go to “Advanced Settings” and select the “My outgoing mail server requires authentication” option.
- Then go to the Advanced tab and enter 995 as the POP3 server port and 587 as the SMTP server port.
- Next, you need to check all the details of your incoming and outgoing servers properly.
- Click Next and then Finish to complete the Hotmail account to Outlook configuration task.
- Now, close the Outlook application and launch it again.
Note: The manual approach is free, but requires technical knowledge to complete all the steps correctly. Additionally, there is a risk of data loss if you take incorrect steps or enter incorrect account information.
Quick Solution to Migrate Hotmail Emails to Outlook
To effortlessly transfer emails from Hotmail to Outlook application, you can use the professional Yota Email Backup Wizard for Windows. This software lets you change Hotmail emails to MS Outlook email clients. It allows you to export Hotmail to PST file format then you can easily import it to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and others.
Using this wizard, it is easy to transfer multiple emails at once with no data loss. It helps users to save time and effort. Along with this, you have the option to export only selective emails from the Hotmail account. You can search and filter your emails according to start or end date, time, to, from, etc.
The software is known for its accurate and fast results. It also has a simple and graphical user interface that any user can easily understand. Whether you have technical knowledge or not, you can easily change Hotmail emails to Outlook using this tool.
You can download the tool for free and verify it’s working. The software is fully operable on any Windows version.
Steps to Transfer Emails from Hotmail to Outlook are as follows:
- Download and Install the Yota Email Backup Tool on your PC.
- Click Open, Email Accounts then select Add Account option.
- Enter your Hotmail account email address and password.
- Then hit on the Export option and pick PST file format.
- Now, click on the Save button to start the export process.
Once the emails are converted successfully, import the PST file into the Outlook application using the import/export option.
Here we have discussed two best methods to migrate Hotmail emails to Outlook. You can choose any method that suits your needs. However, to quickly transfer emails from Hotmail to Outlook without any technical knowledge, we recommend using the automated tool.